If you live simpler at home it is easier to travel.
Bold statement I know!
But it is true.
How can you live simply at home?
declutter, declutter, declutter
Get rid of any excess stuff or white noise from your home! Do you have 50 frypans but only use one or two? OR do have a favourite outfit that you haven’t worn for 15 years but will wear it again “one day”? We don’t need all this STUFF to live fulfilled lives. When we travel we strip our life back, why not live this life at home?
The more we live simpler at home the easier it is to experience the best travel can offer. Travel is about collecting moments not things.
To live we need minimal “things” like shelter, food, water etc
At home it goes a bit further than this we need/want a bed, cooking appliances, clothing, some luxuries and so forth!
Here is how we have been de-cluttering at our placw these past few weeks:
- Culling our clothes. (Vinnies now have 6 BIG bags of our clothes!)
- Cleaning out our kitchen of excess items and double ups.
- Culling out our pantry!!! Do we really need that can of whatever from 1999?
- Removing our DVD collection from DVD cases and placing them in DVD wallets. Same with the CD collection.
- Giving away our myriad of books.
- Selling items which haven’t been used….. do we need 3 DVD players? NO! A second TV?
- Setting our bills to e-mail to cut back on how much paperwork we have lying around.
What do you need to de-clutter at your place?
Next job for us is our linen closet and office/study !!